Iran: 20-year-old student burns to death in workshop accident
Mostafa Khajehdad, a second-term physical education student at the Khash Free University in Sistan-o-Baluchistan, lost his life after a work place accident. The student, who was working in a small workshop, suffered 96 percent burns and died after being transferred to hospital, according to the state-run ILNA news agency – October 23, 2017.
“The 20-year-old student planned to help his family by working in a workshop on the first floor of his home”, an official at the Public Relations Office of the Khash Free University said.
“For this reason, on Friday night, he gathered all the workshop garbage in a wheelbarrow, then poured gasoline on it. After setting fire to the trash, because the workshop was very small, he was also caught in the fire”, the official added.
“Khajehdad intended to help his family but unfortunately, he passed away at the age of 20. This accident has led to serious ailments for his mourning parents.”